Dirk Hooper and Eva Oh discuss how being a submissive man are perceived by society versus how it is in real life.
Some of the topics in this episode include how you have to be strong to kneel, how society tells men they shouldn’t be submissive, how all submissives are not into the same things, trust in a BDSM relationship, the media’s take on BDSM, and the idea that BDSM is a sexual orientation.
Much of this discussion comes from Mistress Eva’s question on Twitter below.
What do you wish the public knew about being a man and being a submissive? How are you misunderstood by society?
Respond below so we can all see your responses on this thread.
This is your chance to tell your side of things!”
Mentioned in this Episode
Dirk Hooper wrote this book under the pen name Asher Lake.
Mistress Eva cited it as an example of the books she reads to get a peek into the submissive mind.
Specific Tweets Discussed in this Episode
More on Mistress Eva
Watch out for Mistress Eva’s Sunday tweets for Safeword Podcast questions!
More on Dirk Hooper
Please leave us a comment below or you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
We want to hear from you!
Safeword Podcast in Syndication
You can now listen to the Safeword Podcast through the syndication links below or by searching for “Safeword Podcast” on your app. If we’re not on your favorite service tell us and we’ll get there!
Also, your rating and review will help us immensely to find a new audience and is deeply appreciated! We both notice your reviews!
Episode 2 Show Notes
- 8:50 The question, and submissives don’t usually have a voice
- 11:55 You have to be strong to kneel
- 21:35 Submissives are not submissive to the world
- 28:40 Society tells men that they shouldn’t be submissive
- 33:05 Not all submissives are “into” the same laundry list of activities
- 37:32 Trust in a BDSM relationship
- 40:22 BDSM in media
- 42:22 Love and care in BDSM
- 44:20 BDSM is fun
- 45:02 Submission is a sexual orientation
- 49:20 What are you comfortable sharing outside of the BDSM community?
- 56:20 Giving submissive men a voice
- 57:30 Dirk on writing "Dominatrix Boss"